Blog entry: Easy Deployment Guide
Step 1: Plan your deployment.
Step 2: Reassess the system prerequisites.
Step 3: Install Orchestrator.
Step 4: Perform post-installation tasks.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 R2
Recommended Configuration for System Center Orchestrator 2012
RAM – minimum 1GB recommended 2GB
Disk space minimum 200MB
CPU Dual Core or better
SQL Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2008 R2
.Net 4.0 if you are installing Web features
- Start the System Center 2012 - Orchestrator Setup Wizard on the server where you want to install Orchestrator by double-clicking on SetupOrchestrator.exe.
- On the main setup page, click Install.
- Provide the name and company for the product registration, and then click Next.
- Go over and accept the Microsoft Software License Terms, and click Next.
- Make sure that all features are selected, and then click Next.
- If your computer meets all of the requirements, the All prerequisites are installed note appears. Click Next.
If a requirement is not met, a page displays information about the requirement that has not been met and how to resolve the issue. Enter the user name and password for the Orchestrator Management Service account. Click Test to verify the account credentials and click Next.
- Enter the name of the server and the name of the instance and port number of the Microsoft SQL Server that you want to use for Orchestrator.
- Click Test Database Connection to verify the account credentials. If the credentials are acknowledged, click Next.
- Select an existing database or specify the name of a new database. Click Next.
- Accept the default configuration or enter the name of the user group to manage Orchestrator permissions, and then click Next.
- Confirm the port numbers for the Orchestrator web service and the Orchestration console, and then click Next.
- Authenticate the installation location for Orchestrator, and then click Next.
- On the update page, indicate whether you want to use the Microsoft Update services to check for updates or not, and then click Next.
- On the next page, indicate whether you want to participate in the Customer Experience Improvement Program or Error Reporting or not, and then click Next.
- Go over the Installation summary page, and then click Install.
- Once setup is completed, specify whether you want to start the Runbook Designer, and then click Close to complete the installation.